Trusted Pest Control Experts In Delray Beach, FL
We love living in Delray Beach just as much as tourists love visiting. Here, we enjoy great schools and community, and we know how to enjoy life. Between the restaurants, art, beaches, and events, there is always something to do in Delray Beach. But no one wants pests crashing their party.
That’s where Squash A Bug Pest Control comes in. We provide residential and commercial pest control services to make sure your home or business is free of any unwanted guests. We're a mid-sized, family-owned business, meaning we can fully customize our pest control solutions to your needs. Whether you have a problem with mosquitoes, ticks, rodents, roaches, or any other type of pest, we can help.
We pride ourselves on the highest standard of industry expertise. Our certified technicians have over 10 years of experience on average, and some have over 20. Our commitment to excellent service is also reflected in our outstanding reputation and our 100% satisfaction guarantee. The Delray Beach community knows: we won't stop until the pests do.
Don’t let pests ruin your Delray Beach experience. Call Squash A Bug Pest Control today to schedule a free consultation or to learn more about our Palm Beach County pest control services.
Residential Pest Control In Delray Beach
Your home should be your sanctuary, but that’s hard to achieve when you’re dealing with a pest problem. The pests in Delray Beach can be especially troublesome, and they seem to show up at the worst possible time. Squash A Bug Pest Control is here to help. Our Delray Beach residential pest control services are designed to quickly and effectively eliminate your pest problem so you can get back to enjoying your home. We offer a wide range of services to meet your specific needs, including:
- Home sealing
- Pest proofing
- Insect and rodent control
- Termite control
- Bed bug control
- And more
We understand that every home is different, which is why we offer customizable solutions to fit your unique situation. We’ll work with you to develop a plan that will get rid of your pests and keep them from coming back — guaranteed.
Our treatment covers additional areas around the outside of your home, going beyond the range other pest control companies will treat. With Squash A Bug Pest Control, you can be assured you will get the best value for your dollar and the pests will be gone. Don’t wait until your pests have taken over your home. Call us today to schedule a free consultation.
Commercial Pest Control In Delray Beach
Your business is your livelihood, so you can’t afford to let pests get in the way. Whether you have a problem with rodents, cockroaches, or any other type of pest, we can help. Our commercial pest control services in Delray Beach are designed to quickly and effectively eliminate your pest problem so you can get back to business as usual.
When you partner with Squash A Bug Pest Control for your commercial pest control needs, you can be confident you’re getting service from a business focused on core values of excellence and integrity. We're committed to keeping our community safe, including your business. Our licensed and certified technicians are experts in pest control, and we also offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of our services.
We provide service to a variety of Delray Beach businesses, including office buildings, medical facilities, warehouses, and more. No matter what type of business you own, we’ll create a customized plan that's designed to fit your needs and keep the pests away for good. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation. We look forward to helping you keep your business pest-free.
Why Mosquitoes Should Be Eliminated From Your Delray Beach Yard
What's the pest that's sure to ruin your outdoor fun in Delray Beach? You guessed it: mosquitoes. But mosquitoes are more than just a nuisance; they’re also dangerous. In Florida, mosquitoes can transmit diseases like Zika virus, West Nile virus, and chikungunya. And while there’s no reason to panic, it’s important to be aware of the risks and take steps to protect yourself and your family.
Here are some simple things you can do to reduce the number of mosquitoes on your property:
- Eliminate standing water, which is where mosquitoes lay their eggs. This includes water in birdbaths, gutters, tires, and more.
- Keep your lawn and landscaping trimmed. Mosquitoes like to hide in tall grass.
- Plant mosquito-repelling plants. Some plants, like citronella, lemon balm, and marigolds, can help keep mosquitoes away.
- Call Mrs. Mosquito. Our mosquito control services are designed to quickly and effectively eliminate mosquitoes from your property.
Mrs. Mosquito's control services stand apart from the rest because we go above and beyond to target mosquitoes at the source. We perform a thorough inspection of your property to determine high-risk breeding areas, and then we treat those areas with an EPA-approved larvicide that prevents mosquitoes from reaching maturity.
We're experts at dealing with these stinging pests, and we understand what it takes to keep them away for good. We offer two different control programs depending on your needs: An annual or seasonal program for those who spend a lot of time outdoors, and a one-time treatment that's perfect for occasions such as outdoor events.
Our highly trained and certified technicians will work with you to develop a tailored plan to get rid of mosquitoes on your Delray Beach property. And because we're committed to your satisfaction, all of our services come with a money-back guarantee.
Call us today to learn more about our mosquito control services and how we can help you enjoy your outdoor space without the hassle of mosquitoes.
How Much Do You Really Know About Ticks In Delray Beach?
No one wants to come in contact with a tick, but unfortunately, these little pests are more common than you might think. In fact, ticks are found in all 50 states, and they’re a serious problem in Florida.
Ticks are small, parasitic insects that feed on the blood of animals and humans, and they can transmit some dangerous diseases. While ticks are most active in the spring and summer months, they can be a problem year-round in Delray Beach. And because they’re so small, they can be difficult to spot until they've attached themselves to you.
But how much do you actually know about ticks? Here are some things you should be aware of:
- Ticks are most often found in wooded or brushy areas. They can also be found in tall grass, near birdbaths or bird feeders, and in gardens.
- Ticks can attach themselves to you or your pets when you brush up against vegetation. They can also be brought into your home on clothing or shoes.
- Ticks can cause a variety of health problems, including Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, and ehrlichiosis.
- Ticks can be difficult to remove once they’ve attached themselves to you. It’s important to remove them carefully to avoid crushing them and causing their body fluids to enter your bloodstream.
- If you find a tick on your body, you should use a pair of fine-tipped tweezers to grasp the tick by the head or mouth and pull it straight out, then clean the bite area with soap and water or an antiseptic.
Ticks are one pest you definitely do not want infesting your Delray Beach yard. Take action to prevent them by keeping your yard clear of debris, trimming vegetation, and using a tick repellent when enjoying the outdoors.
If you do find a tick on yourself or your pet, remove it carefully and watch for signs of illness. And for extra protection against ticks in your yard, call Squash A Bug Pest Control for help. We offer effective control services that will get rid of ticks in Delray Beach and keep them away all year long. Contact us today to learn more or to schedule a free consultation.
How To Identify A Black Widow Spider In Delray Beach
No one likes getting bitten by a spider, but some species are particularly dangerous to have lurking around your property. Black widow spiders are one of the most venomous spiders in North America and are known to invade our properties in search of insects to hunt.
To ensure black widows don't threaten your Delray Beach property, you need to know how to identify them compared to other house spiders. Here's how you can tell them apart from less harmful species:
- Color: Just as their name suggests, black widows are dark black. This makes them pretty distinctive from the typical brown or speckled spider varieties that are also common in Florida.
- Markings: The most prominent marking black widows have is the red hourglass shape on their bellies. However, it's also helpful to note that some adult black widows will only have a pair of red spots or a blotchy red pattern instead of the hourglass marking.
- Bites: If you're bitten by a spider but don't see the culprit, you'll need to be on the lookout for the worsening symptoms that often accompany a black widow bite. If you start to feel dizzy, nauseous, or experience shortness of breath, you should seek medical attention immediately.
Due to the heightened risk black widows pose to your health, you should turn to spider control experts to help protect your property from these venomous spiders. Contact Squash A Bug Pest Control today to learn more about our effective and affordable black widow spider control services in Delray Beach.
A Rodent Infestation Can Be A Nightmare For A Delray Beach Business
Pests like rodents cause disruptions in every property they invade, but the symptoms of a rodent infestation particularly impact businesses. Business owners not only have their bottom line to look out for but also their reputation.
If you own or run a business like a restaurant or a bar, rodents can eat into your profits since they are drawn to stored food sources. Regardless of whether there's food service going on, rodents can also lead to property damage in any business they infest by gnawing on things with their powerful front teeth. They also leave their urine and droppings behind, leading to foul odors and health risks.
This is why it's vital for all local business owners to invest in rodent control early—before these larger problems can occur. At Squash A Bug Pest Control, we help local businesses avoid and eliminate rodent infestations with ongoing treatments that are safe and effective. Get the best rodent control near you in Delray Beach by contacting us today.
What Causes Carpenter Ants To Invade Delray Beach Homes?
Ants aren't typically the pest that comes to mind when we think of destructive invaders. While most people know that insects like termites can bore into the wood of our homes, the threat of carpenter ants is not usually high on the average homeowner's list of priorities. But carpenter ants can also damage your property and be difficult to eliminate.
This is why it's important to identify what causes carpenter ants to invade homes in the first place, as well as what kinds of carpenter ant control measures you should be taking:
- Access: Like all ants, carpenter ants are tiny and can fit through access points that most other pests cannot. Plus, thanks to their ability to bore into wood, carpenter ants can open up new entryways that allow their populations to gain access to your home.
- Food: Unlike termites, carpenter ants don't eat the wood they chew through but instead bore tunnels in wood to lay their eggs in. This means hungry carpenter ants will be drawn to the food sources in or near your home, just like other bugs.
- Moisture: Many pests are attracted to damp areas, but carpenter ants are especially drawn to soggy wooden materials that are easier to saw through with their jaws. If you have soft, water-damaged wood on your property, you're more likely to experience carpenter ant problems.
The most effective ant control comes from inspections and treatments from trusted pest control professionals. At Squash A Bug Pest Control, we can protect your home against carpenter ants and other insects that may threaten your Delray Beach property. Contact us today to learn more about our carpenter ant control options.
What's The Best Way To Get Rid Of Silverfish In Delray Beach?
Silverfish can be a nightmare for property owners in humid tropical environments like ours. All kinds of bugs thrive in hot and moist conditions, but silverfish are specifically drawn to areas where moisture pools and hangs in the air. Just like other pests, silverfish also enter our homes because there are food sources inside for them to take advantage of.
Once a silverfish population moves indoors, getting rid of all the silverfish in your house can be incredibly difficult. They lay lots of eggs and can hide in concealed or hard-to-reach corners of your property as they build out their nesting grounds. To make matters worse, store-bought sprays and online tutorials won't be able to address all these areas and keep the problem from coming back later.
That's why you should turn to Squash A Bug Pest Control for help solving your silverfish problem. We offer guaranteed silverfish pest control methods at affordable prices so you never have to deal with silverfish again. Contact us today to get started.
What Our Customers Are Saying
"My overall experience with your company was very good. They were on time and professional. They did good work and answered all questions we had. From the first point of contact with your company, we have had a good experience. Great customer service. We will use them in the future and highly recommend them!"