What To Do About Rats On Your Southeast Florida Property
December 20, 2022
Rats invading your Southeast Florida property is a nightmare, and rat control is necessary to ensure the removal of this pest. Reach out to Southeast Florida pest control specialists for the best way to get rid of rats fast.
How To Tell If It's Rats On Your Property
All rodents that infiltrate your property may leave behind similar signs, but there are some tell-tale signs that rats are the culprit behind your infestation issues. You can tell there are rats on your property by keeping an eye out for the following:
- Rat sightings in kitchens, basements, bathrooms, storage spaces, and attics; rats are much larger than mice or other rodents, and they will either have brown to grey fur or black fur, depending on the types of rats invading.
- You may see rats running around your property. Rats tend to run through these trails in the grass or other cluttered areas repeatedly as they scavenge and live around your home.
- Chew or gnaw marks appear on food packaging, furniture, walls, and other areas around your home; these marks will be larger than a mouse’s gnawing or chew marks.
- You may see rat droppings around your property. They will be shiny black and almost an inch long, much larger than mouse droppings.
Witnessing any of these signs of rats around your property means that it’s time to contact rat pest control professionals for assistance with removal.
The Damage And Dangers Rats Can Create
When rats are running wild around your property, they will no doubt bring a serious amount of destruction with them. Rats are known for spreading many different illnesses around. You can easily pick up the diseases rats carry via contaminated food, surfaces, or droppings and urine spread throughout your property.
Additionally, rats are highly destructive because they are constantly chewing and gnawing. Rat infestations will eat away at wood, electrical lines, plumbing, brick, and furniture in no time, leaving behind gnaw marks and scratches and contributing to a risk of structural collapse. It is essential to get rid of rats if you want to avoid these negatives.
The Most Effective Way To Get Rid Of Rats On Your Property
The most effective way to get rid of rats on your property is to contact Squash A Bug Pest Control. Our team will discuss your rat removal needs with you and take steps to track down and eliminate rats hiding around your property. When you trust us for rat removal, you can reclaim your property from this pest in a safe, reliable fashion.
Five Simple Ways To Prevent Future Rat Infestations
Prevent future rat infestations by following these simple expert tips:
- Keep rats outside by sealing cracks around your property’s foundation, windows, and doors using a chew-proof material such as steel wool.
- Make sure to seal holes in your property’s roof, and that mesh screens are placed over vented areas in attics and crawl spaces to exclude rats.
- Never leave out food or dirty dishes; always clean food and drink spills immediately to prevent the aroma from attracting rats.
- Seal trash bags tightly, dispose of waste promptly, and use trash cans with tight-fitting lids to keep rats from scavenging.
- Reduce rat harborage areas in exterior spaces by cutting back long grasses, removing debris, and storing woodpiles on elevated surfaces.
Contact Squash A Bug Pest Control today if you have questions about rat prevention or need assistance removing an infestation of rats from your property.
What Our Customers Are Saying
"My overall experience with your company was very good. They were on time and professional. They did good work and answered all questions we had. From the first point of contact with your company, we have had a good experience. Great customer service. We will use them in the future and highly recommend them!"
Contact Squash A Bug Today!(770) 343-5446
Our friendly and helpful team is available to answer any questions you may have, and ready to get you started on having a pest-free property.