The Best Rodent Control Solution For Your Southeast Florida Home
October 20, 2022
People want to come to Florida for a vacation, and who can blame them? Our state has beautiful beaches, incredible vacation resorts, cruise ship ports, and state parks. As Floridians, we understand why people make our state a vacation destination, but there is one group we wish would leave us alone: rodents. We can handle tourists driving by our house, but we cannot tolerate rodents in our homes.
If you are battling rodents invading your house, you need the best pest control in Southeast Florida, Squash A Bug Pest Control. Our mid-sized, family-owned company has the tools, experience, and flexibility to eradicate rodents from homes. Many of our highly-trained technicians have over 20 years of experience and have encountered every conceivable rodent situation. We know how to eliminate rodents from southeast Florida homes.
Common Types Of Home-Invading Rodents In Southeast Florida
Rodents are mammals with constantly growing incisor teeth. Florida rodents include the following:
- Norway rats: Since their arrival on ships in the 1700s, these 7 to 9 1/2-inch long brown rats have been infesting homes and sewer systems. Wood piles near the home attract Norway rats, and once inside the house, they live near water sources.
- Roof rats: Smaller than a Norway rat, the roof rat has a long tail on its short six to eight-inch brown body. These rats inhabit attics and rafters in southeast Florida homes.
- House mice: Hailing from Central Asia, these dusty grey rodents have a cream-colored belly, a 2 1/2 to 3 3/4-inch round body, and a tail as long as four inches. House mice build nests in dark, secluded areas of southeast Florida homes using insulation, cotton, fabric, and other materials.
You need to remove these different types of rodents quickly before they cause damage and spread disease.
All The Problems Rodents Can Create In Your House
Rodents in Florida can cause many problems. Due to their constant need to gnaw to trim their ever-growing incisors, they grind on walls, ceilings, furniture, and other items in the house. Rodents pick up pathogens on their fur as they travel over rotten food, sewage, garbage, and animal feces; as they travel through the house, the hitchhiking disease-causing organisms fall off contaminating surfaces.
Rodents destroy food products by chewing the containers and exposing the products to their saliva. Rat and mice pollute surfaces by urinating and defecating. If there is a large infestation, the odor from their pungent urine can stink up the house. Rodents bring in unwanted pests like ticks, fleas, and mites; these pests can spread diseases to the residents. Because of the many problems rodents cause, you need to take steps for effective rodent control in your southeast Florida home.
Four Simple Rodent Exclusion Tips For Around Your Home
These four steps will help with rodent control around your home:
- Remove wood piles and debris from the yard
- Fill gaps with steel wool and seal with caulk
- Install screens, caps, and covers around vents, drains, and the chimney
- Trim tree branches and shrubbery away from the house
Inside the home, practice good sanitation and dehumidify areas with excessive moisture.
The Most Effective Rodent Control Method For Your Home
When you see rats or mice in your house or on your property, you need the best pest control near you: Squash A Bug Pest Control. We will inspect your property to identify the type of rodent, hot spots, and where it is entering your house. We will develop a custom eradication plan to remove the rodents using eco-friendly solutions. We stand behind our rodent removal process with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Contact us today and request your free quote.
What Our Customers Are Saying
"My overall experience with your company was very good. They were on time and professional. They did good work and answered all questions we had. From the first point of contact with your company, we have had a good experience. Great customer service. We will use them in the future and highly recommend them!"
Contact Squash A Bug Today!(770) 343-5446
Our friendly and helpful team is available to answer any questions you may have, and ready to get you started on having a pest-free property.